Thursday, February 19, 2015

Project 3

I am a little confused on how to approach Project 3 and the road map to guide me so this is a tentative map. I am a Special Education major and also getting certified in Early Childhood Education. My goal after college is to attend a Masters program in education and then teach elementary aged students.

As of now, I am thinking about focusing on cover letters. I feel these will be extremely important as I attempt to find jobs out of college and also give me a chance to list all the accomplishments I will have achieved over college and my lifetime thus far.

My roadmap for this project will include many different sources of information. I am going to talk to my Education professor from first semester about what he did, key points he added in his cover letter, and more. I have many other adults that I am close to that are teachers that I plan on reaching out to to provide me with information and advice. I will look at many different educational cover letters so I can see all sorts of different focuses and positions taken and also look at cover letters from other professions so I can see the differences and similarities. Once I have gotten enough research, I plan to write a cover letter asking for a job at my very own school, Durham Academy. I have always dreamed of one day being a teacher there and would love more than anything then to practice a cover letter to a school that is close to my heart.

1 comment:

  1. I was also thinking of the cover letter idea! (tentatively) They're super important and it would be nice to learn early!

    ReplyDelete